We are recruiting! Could you be our new Sales & Buying Administrator?
We are recruiting! We are looking for a new Sales & Buying Administrator to join our Sales Office team in Broxburn - could it be you?
Lomond Books Ltd: Sales & Buying Administrator
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000 per annum
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Closing date: Friday 10th February 2017
Do you want to get into publishing or are looking for a role you can develop? We are looking for a confident administrator who’s great on the phone and can deliver exceptional customer service.
Lomond Books Ltd is Scotland’s leading book wholesaler. We are also a publisher and distributor offering a unique and bespoke service to our customers selling books, calendars, maps, postcards, greetings cards, fridge magnets and toys to a very varied range of trade accounts. We have an absolute commitment to our customers and making it easy for them to do business with us. As Sales & Buying Administrator you’ll be an integral part of our sales office team - talking to customers, taking orders, answering queries and recommending suitable products. You will also be involved in all the many varied day to day aspects of our buying function and its administration.
You’ll be a confident and assured communicator with a warm and friendly telephone manner backed up with excellent IT, written and verbal skills. You will be motivated and commercially minded and have a pleasant, approachable attitude and the ability to connect with many different types of people. You’ll be thorough and have great attention to detail and will be able to work in a varied and sometimes demanding environment and handle multiple priorities with ease. There’s loads to learn so you’ll have an enquiring mind and a desire to gain knowledge. Most importantly you will be able to deliver exceptional customer service in everything you do.
Sales administration duties will include:
- answering and fielding incoming sales calls
- accurately processing orders from customers and the sales team
- handling customers’ product queries and offering suggestions
- order management of customer back orders and special orders
- creating and maintaining information for upload to trade and public websites
- printing of monthly newsletters and catalogues
- managing generic company email and voicemail
Buying administration duties will include:
- setting up and maintaining supplier/product database
- ordering product based on rate of sale and min/max quantities to maintain optimum levels
- monitoring out of stocks, non-supplied purchase orders and supplier back orders
- managing administration of consignment and distribution suppliers
- managing supplier delivery and invoicing errors
- assist with content management for multiple company websites
- attending buying meetings
- collating information for monthly catalogue production
- dealing with incoming buying emails and phone calls
- supplier returns
Necessary skills and attributes:
- SCQF Level 4 Maths and English (or equivalent)
- experience in a customer focused environment would be beneficial
- high level of computer literacy and total familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- ability to manage time and workload independently and to cope with multiple priorities
- warm and friendly telephone manner
- confidence with letter writing, email and telephone communication
- able to communicate with all types of customers and suppliers and team members at all levels
- a pleasant, helpful and optimistic attitude with a willingness to learn
- thorough working methods and attention to detail
- ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- this role will suit someone who is keen to be a valuable and visible part of a small and dedicated team
Please apply by email to Jackie Brown, Managing Director at email@example.com with a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to join us and attach your current CV. A telephone call will be the first stage of the interview process so please include a contact number.
Below is the full job description:
This is a key role within a small and dedicated team. You will be responsible for providing administrative support to the sales and buying functions of the company. You will be actively involved in these key areas of the business and this will lead to substantial interaction with other team members at all levels including senior management plus contact with external customers and suppliers.
Key Accountabilities - Sales
Answer and field incoming calls.
Process orders received from customers and sales team via phone, email and post.
Process subscription orders.
Handle customer order and product queries.
Prepare sales/product reports for customers/sales team as required.
Produce sales / promotional material for sales team and customers.
Update sales orders based on product status changes.
Create and maintain information for upload to trade and public websites eg images, synopses, additions, deletions etc.
Assist with content management for multiple company websites.
Print and distribute monthly Letters and Catalogues as per mailing schedule.
Maintenance of individual customer product lists.
Manage customer Special Order Service.
Manage back order releases.
Manage generic orders and sales email inboxes.
Manage generic company voicemail inbox.
Provide support to sales team.
Attend trade shows if required.
Key Accountabilities – Buying & Publishing
Setting up and maintaining stock and supplier records.
Order products based on rate of sale and min/max quantities to maintain optimum levels (including WH sundries).
Monitor daily out of stock information, customers back orders and re-orders.
Follow up non-delivered supplier purchase orders and back orders.
Prepare documentation for and attend monthly buying meetings and minute action points.
Keep publication dates for forthcoming products up to date.
Manage price change/information changes on product records.
Involvement in publishing function – idea generation/artwork generation/cover designs/administration etc.
Arrange and attend meetings with publisher’s representatives if required.
Collate buying and publishing information.
Maintain consignment and distribution supplier files.
Manage replenishment function for consignment supplier accounts.
Produce monthly consignment and distribution publisher spreadsheets/reports/invoices.
Maintain buying authorisation files.
Co-ordinate supplier returns.
Handle supplier invoice/supply disputes.
Investigate stock discrepancies and adjust as necessary.
Collate additions and deletions relevant to monthly catalogue and letter production.
Distribute new title information to sales team.
Manage generic buying email inbox.
Monitor stocks of and order warehouse sundries.
Although reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be working very closely day-to-day with the Buying & Marketing Manager and the Commercial Director. You will also be in regular contact with the Sales Director and the sales team. You will also be a point of contact for warehouse staff regarding product and sales order queries.
You will be dealing routinely with a very varied range of trade customers and occasionally members of the public plus dealing directly with publishers and their sales representatives and chosen distributors. You will be the first point of contact for ad-hoc buying related matters.